Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jamie Cuellar, CFA, passed away (Buffalo Funds)

edited May 2023 in Other Investing
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1135300/000089418923003709/buffalosticker51523.htm

Buffalo Funds

Supplement dated May 15, 2023
to the
Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”)
dated July 29, 2022, as previously supplemented

The Buffalo Funds regret to inform shareholders that Jamie Cuellar, CFA, a co-portfolio manager of the Small Cap Fund since 2015 and of the Discovery Fund since April 2020, unexpectedly and tragically passed away on May 8, 2023. Jamie spent more than 30 years as part of the investment management industry, including the last 8 with Kornitzer Capital Management, Inc. (“KCM”). The Funds and KCM are grateful for all of Jamie’s contributions. He will be greatly missed.

Please note all references to Mr. Cuellar in the Funds’ Prospectus and SAI are deleted in their entirety.

The Small Cap Fund continues to be managed by Robert Male, CFA, and the Discovery Fund continues to be managed by Dave Carlsen, CFA.

Please retain this supplement with your Prospectus and SAI

Picture:

https://buffalofunds.com/team/jamie-cuellar/

Comments

• @TheShadow : With his departure, Any reason to keep an eye on these two funds ?
  • edited May 2023
    Well @Derf - “departure” may not be the best word here.

A tribute to @TheShadow who must have incredible sources. I’ve searched the web + Bloomberg and have found nothing yet on this tragic loss of a prominent fund manager - but plenty of glowing testaments to his abilities.
  • @Hank,

I have interests in both of the funds he co-managed. The filing said "he tragically and unexpectedly passed away."

My condolences to his family and friends.
  • He seemed like a good guy, from what I could tell. His survived by his wife and two adult sons. Had a career of just over 30 years with Kornitzer Capital Management. Passed away at the age of 54. The family asks that you consider a donation in his memory to Carl's Cause, a non-profit that works to address the stigma around mental health issues.