Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

May 2023 commentary has been posted!

Once again, thank you to David Snowball and his team for their incredible contribution.

Comments

• Thank you, sir!

I've been pondering alternate risk-return tools lately, including the Ulcer Index and capture ratios. I was heartened to see that Ariel Global, whose manager is good and utterly adamant about the "the market on opioids" thing, was pretty consistently living up to her aspirations.

We'll profile LCORX in June. I needed to get Leuthold to answer a couple technical questions about strategy capacity and such, and couldn't get the final answer in time for this month's issue.

For what that's worth,

David
  • MFO Premium has been instrumental for us for our portfolio construction and risk management. Ulcer index and consistency are some of the key parameters we look for, especially in uncertain times like today. Ariel Global is a solid choice going into this turbulent time.
  • A little late but just wanted to thank you David and the rest of the team for all the hard work to produce a great issue
  • DAVID IT WOULD be HELPFUL IF YOUR ANALYSIS WOULD TAKE A LOOK AT LCR AT THE SAME TIME. LOWER EXPENSES COULD MAKE THE ETF MORE Desirable.