Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Lost Manuscript Shows the Fire Barack Obama Couldn’t Reveal on the Campaign Trail

edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
A NYTimes opinion piece I found to be quite interesting by Timothy Shenk.

"Mr. Shenk is a historian and the author of a forthcoming book about the partisan hacks and political visionaries struggling to control our democracy, from which this essay is adapted."

Referring to President Obama, Mr. Shenk wrote: "At Harvard Law, he wrote a blistering manifesto he never published. Its searing advice could help Democrats escape their current political quagmire."

ARTICLE

Comments

• Hype for a book?
  • edited October 2022
    The link in the OP doesn't work.
    Click the link below.
    Link
  • The link in the OP doesn't work.
    Try this instead.

I see no link to try instead.
  • edited October 2022
    @Ben,

Was the word "this" highlighted in the second sentence?

Edit/Add: There was an embedded link associated with "this". The link was removed and then added to "Link".
  • @Ben,

Was the word "this" highlighted in the second sentence?

Edit/Add: There was an embedded link associated with "this". The link was removed and then added to "Link".

I think it was not highlighted. Or I didn't notice. The new link works but the NY Times will not allow me to read the article unless I jump through a series of hoops. Oh Well, thanks for trying. :-)

• An observation regarding links: Don't know if it's my aging eyeballs or today's monitor screens, but most of the time I just can't see a "link" by text color differentiation.

That's why anytime that I post a link I underline it so that it stands out from the surrounding text. Just a suggestion, guys.
  • edited October 2022
    I don't have a NY Times subscription myself.
    I can usually read NY Times articles using the following process.
    Google the exact title - "A Lost Manuscript Shows the Fire Barack Obama Couldn’t Reveal on the Campaign Trail" in this case.
    Navigate through the results and then click on the corresponding link for the NY Times article.
  • How 'bout that! It worked.

I don't have a NY Times subscription myself.
    I can usually read NY Times articles using the following process.
    Google the exact title - "A Lost Manuscript Shows the Fire Barack Obama Couldn’t Reveal on the Campaign Trail" in this case.
    Navigate through the results and then click on the corresponding link for the NY Times article.

• paywall.
  • edited October 2022
    @Crash - I edited the link in the OP. Try that.

Also here's a YouTube podcast version
  • thank you.