Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Dodge and Cox X funds

So I was looking at Dodge and Cox funds the other day on morningstar. It looks like they now have "X" funds that have lower expenses, like DOXGX. Anyone know how to get a purchase these? Thanks!

Comments

• Just a guess, NA at brokerage. then go to their website.
  • From the Dodge and Cox website: "Class X shares are now available to eligible defined contribution plans. The current shares held by shareholders will be renamed Class I shares, which are open to all investors."

Dodge and Cox
  • edited September 2022
    "Most recently, Dodge & Cox moved to keep its funds attractive from a pricing standpoint.
    It has long targeted cheapest-quartile expense ratios for its single, no-commission share class - a boon for retail investors. Over time, however, the fee structure became tough to swallow for defined-contribution retirement plans. Dodge & Cox had paid fees for defined-contribution plan recordkeeping, and those plans had to report such payments to clients. Dodge & Cox removed this administrative hassle by creating a so-called 'clean' share class that avoids such arrangements.The new X share class will debut in May 2022 on all but the emerging-markets fund. Designed specifically for defined-contribution plans, it will have an even lower management fee than the legacy shares (which will be called I shares)."

Link
  • Has anyone found any brokerage firm offering the new X shares? I called D&C and was told that they are only available directly from D&C.
  • edited September 2022
    The X shares are available exclusively via eligible defined contribution plans.
    Go to the Dodge & Cox "funds at a glance" web page and click on the drop-down arrow for share classes.
    The following info is listed for X shares: Class X (Defined Contribution Plans Only).
    My 401(k) plan replaced DODIX with DOXIX on July 1.