Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

US Global Funds - Investor Alert - 8/19/22

Comments

• Often when I see the phrase “climate agenda” in a story, I know the author has a fossil fuel or nuclear agenda as is the case here. No one has ever adequately figured out what to do with the highly radioactive form of nuclear waste from plants, which has a half life of thousands of years: https://eia.gov/energyexplained/nuclear/nuclear-power-and-the-environment.php
    While it probably makes sense for nuclear to be part of the energy equation, the notion that the Europeans are somehow foolish for pursuing their “climate agenda” when the earth is on fire and America only just now passed a modest bill to address climate change is far sillier to me.
  • edited August 2022
    "Mutants For Nukes" is a fraternity of which I'm a member. Our logo is a happy face with ONE ear. Ya. You get the point. I have a friend who is a nuclear guy, working at the Savannah River Project, dealing with NUCLEAR WASTE. There are quarter-mile-long bladders buried underground, full of the stuff. One way to make the nuke waste inert is to insert it in the mix, and make GLASS. But how much GLASS do ya NEED? It's a big issue. I lament that the Europeans are so committed to nuclear power. And look at the situation in Ukraine, with the Army of the Poot-face occupying the biggest nuke plant in all of Europe! Bad. From every angle. They don't know what to do, so they're staffing the place with Ukrainians who DO know what to do. Nuclear sucks. It's fine, until something goes wrong. And when it goes wrong, the fallout is not rather temporary. It's not like an oil spill that does damage, but can be cleaned up and Nature is restored in a generation or two. When bad nuke shit happens, it will outlast the next 40 generations, or longer. Let the military use it. Keep it away from civilians like me.
  • Not to be missed: In the first half of '22, the USA became the world's biggest exporter of natgas.