Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

New stadium in Buffalo

@MikeM : I guess you've figured out where part of your investment profits are going !?
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-bills-grossly-unethical-stadium-deal-will-burden-the-people-it-purports-to-unite-234942824.html

Brewer stadium did this a number of years ago, & as of last years , the fans still show up.
Packers sold sod & shares to get their improvements ! Taxes I can't remember if they did or didn't. Public owns the team.
They did put on a seat "fee" & the price of tickets is on the rise.

Go Packers, Derf

Comments

• @Derf, well worth the cost to keep the Bills here, I think. I wish they put a retractable roof on the new stadium and added 10k more seats, but that would probably have doubled the cost.

It's very hard to keep an NFL franchise is such a small market like Buffalo. The owners could no doubt make a ton more money by moving the team but they are committed to Buffalo. I guess the taxpayer cost is the price we pay for that.

Go Bills.

Go Bills Mafia!
    Table breaking: