Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

March 2022 commentary is live now

Thank you again for this month’s articles.

Comments

• edited March 2022
    Thanks. I think the guys produced some really first-rate work again this month.

Too, do let me know if there are particular funds that have aroused your curiosity. I try to poke around on your behalf when I can!

David
  • Would love to get your commentary on ANNPX, tks

Thanks. I think the guys produced some really first-rate work again this month.

Too, do less me know if there are particular funds that have aroused your curiosity. I try to poke around on your behalf when I can!

David

• edited March 2022
    @David_Snowball, I don’t have any particular fund in mind that needs additional research. existing Please continue doing what you are doing with your precious time so to benefit the broader MFO community. Your new team is simply outstanding and I look forward reading their article every month.
  • edited March 2022
    Min Initial Investment1,000,000 ANNPX

R U kidding me !
  • edited March 2022
    But ANZAX is no-load/NTF at Fido and Schwab.
  • Also ANZAX min is $2,500
  • On most credit funds, the only thing I remember from Elementary school is what my science teacher taught us: Credit funds eat like a sparrow and shit like an elephant.
  • stayCalm said:

Also ANZAX min is $2,500

That is at Fido. BTW, Fido has eliminated min for many of its own funds.

Schwab no-load/NTF min for MOST funds is $100 (sometimes even $1) including for ANZAX.
  • As Charles has noted before, the MFO Premium screener defaults to a fund's oldest share class, which is often its institutional class. With up to 18 different share classes being offered by some firms, it's a mess to sort through to find the class most appropriate for individual investors ... especially those using Platform X. So we start with "good manager / good strategy / default share class" and assume that if you agree with us on the first two, you'll probably figure out the third.

In my case, anyway, I do tend to filter out funds for which no plausible access exists for individual investors: DFA, GMO (love the $500M minimum on one of the classes), and so on.
  • edited March 2022
    Old M* Purchase screen remains surprisingly updated for class info and most brokerage availability info. Above, I used that - started with ANNPX, found ANZAX, then verified availability at Fido and Schwab. For checking other funds, replace ticker in the URL only (do not use the Search box OR click the Quote tab).
    http://financials.morningstar.com/fund/purchase-info.html?t=ANZAX&region=usa&culture=en-US
  • Hi@yogibearbull
    Thank you for the note about only changing the ticker to maintain the "old" page.
    I'd been tripped by this too many times in the past. I do look at performance with M* pages (among other sites, too); and I prefer the M* "risk/reward" section with the red/green indicators.
    Catch
  • A thank you to all for the contributions to his month's commentaries.