Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any Portfolio Visualizer PV Public Forum anywhere?

Is there any Portfolio Visualizer PV Public Forum anywhere?
It requires Subscriptions after a free 14 days Trial Period.

Any Subscribers & expert users here?
as I've seen many PV Links here on MFO.

Basically, I'm Interested in Investing or creating a Portfolio NTF type of Mutual Funds or ETF.
Discussing...further analysis & Using PV for Retiree Portfolio Design & Try It Out.
Optimizing techniques or Lowering Drawdown MDD% or Retiree's withdrawal % in RMD, Inflation.

Please post a link if any forum exists?
Can it be worthwhile or add Value & additional help for Technical analysis going forward in 2022?
...as we can Not buy any Past Performances...

Thanks in advance.
Majick

Comments

• beebee
    edited February 2022
    Like history, "past performance doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes."

PV, linked in it's letters, helps investors view the history (in some cases the last 37 years of investing history) of not only mutual funds, but stocks/ETFs (entered as tickers) and cash (entered as CASHX). I linked the back testing feature, but there are many other features to discover on the PV website.

Maybe one approach would be for you to develop a few discussions here where there is a wealth of knowledge to lean on as you grow your "PV ideas".

Enter your topic as either "Fund Discussion" or "Other Investing". we all would benefit from your questions, portfolio creations, and optimizing techniques as well as feedback for MFO members.

I use the free features, but I could even see MFO Premium and PV Premium working together for those who would like the added features of both platforms.
  • edited February 2022
    PV FAQs cover lots of topics,
    https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/faq

It may be more useful to ask specific questions on PV usage.

The MOST attractive feature of PV, for me, is that it is the only FREE tool (as far as I know) that will calculate PORTFOLIO stats (SD, beta, alpha, correlation, Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio, Drawdowns, ER, rolling-returns).

Limitations are that most PV results are based on MONTHLY data (daily or weekly data can provide more refined results), the US stock market is used as reference for the MPT stats (and that may not be appropriate for all situations), subscription is required to save portfolios on the website but one can save portfolios on the PC and use "UPLOAD Portfolio" feature to upload up to 3 portfolios, data go back to 1985, PV runs are limited by the portfolio component with the shortest HISTORY (so, a substitute is required for longer runs).
  • Thanks, YBB for your reply. I'm mutual funds or ETFs only retiree. I just completed the 14-day full access trial phase & considering a subscription for one Yr. I thought it Updates as daily data and now forward-looking data is for only with Paid members! but wasn't aware that it's Monthly data only for any tickers! Thanks again.