Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Case for Vanguard

"New Vanguard doesn’t look much like old Vanguard.
Whether it’s selling advice, launching high-conviction active funds only for advisory clients, or offering private equity, it is different.

"What’s also different is that many longtime observers have now begun to question the company. Morningstar’s John Rekenthaler proposed that Vanguard has lost its way, while the Wall Street Journal’s Jason Zweig charged it in at least one instance with failing the small investors whom Vanguard founder Jack Bogle championed."

"Negative sentiments rest on two pillars: industry rivalries’ corrosive influence and present-day Vanguard falling short of its former self. Despite some merit, both pillars struggle to bear the weight placed upon them."

Link

Comments

• edited January 2022
    I think Vanguard has a ways to go to show improvement in their customer service. Some of their funds are pretty good. I have a large part of our retirement funds in VWIAX (paired with TRAIX), and I’m very happy with it.