Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard...a different peek under the hood of the organization

Disclaimer: We don't have a Vanguard accounts.

Vanguard

Comments

• All's well, that ends well !
  • I calc a 35 year married employee is leaving with an extra $280,000 fund. No wonder they screamed. Of course, at most companies the screaming would not have mattered.
  • I have always believed their "we are not money grubbing investment advisors.. we only work for you the fund shareholders, who own the company" is total BS. We you ever asked to vote on the CEO's compensation?

I suspect this cut back was precipitated by the capital they need desperately to upgrade their computer systems
  • In 2019, Chairman Tim Buckley said Vanguard was spending more than a billion dollars on technology.
    Makes me wonder how this money was spent...
  • From Wikipedia -
    In 1991 Buckley joined Vanguard as an assistant to company founder John C. Bogle. From 2001 to 2006 Buckley was Chief Information Officer, and from 2006 to 2012 he was head of the Retail Investor Group. He became Chief Investment Officer upon the retirement of Gus Sauter in 2013.

In 2017, Vanguard's Board of Directors unanimously elected Buckley to succeed F. William McNabb III as chief executive officer, effective January 2018.