Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What's on your FUND (or ETF) wishlist?

I've starting buying individual stocks in what I view as "high" equity prices. But if the market drops, I think I'd get back into FSMEX. Also, initiated SPY position that I'd like to build up IF stocks drop off. Looking more at ETFs than MFs in my taxable.

What is on your BUY list?

Comments

• A new position in VONE and doubling down on FTEC.
  • JD With an investment minimum of zero, you can start dollar-cost averaging into FSMEX tomorrow. In addition, since Fido has closed the fund once already, you may want to invest $100, or $1 to secure access to the fund.
  • Sold all VONE and VONV at last peak, bought smaller amount of VONG today, also a little CAPE. Have augmented nut this year nontrivially doing high-low sell-buy, unusually. Such lasting bull strength.
  • @carew, Thanks, I am aware. I had sold FSMEX recently, and was hoping to get back in a bit lower. But like your idea of a $1 placeholder in case it closes.

Been having fun with buying fractional shares now at FIDO as well (i.e. AMZN, SPY). Can nibble all you want just to keep small positions on your trading screen.

Just noticed that RLSFX is only $100 min at ETrade. That goes on the watch list again. WBALX is my current small add each trading day (also $100 min initial at ETr).

This market is no fun right now. Need a big dip, not just a few negative days. What's it gonna take?
  • Looking to buy CDC, PARWX and PRBLX but at lower levels in the market. CDC which Lynn Bolin has posted on is a really interesting value/defensive fund with very attractive risk/reward.
  • carew388 said:

JD With an investment minimum of zero, you can start dollar-cost averaging into FSMEX tomorrow. In addition, since Fido has closed the fund once already, you may want to invest $100, or $1 to secure access to the fund.

Why not just do QQQ?
  • REMX From Seeking Alpha this morning.
  • Still working, so contributing to 401 (k). Early in 2021, revised new category purchases from U.S. equity to international, real assets, and low duration bond funds. In Roth accounts with more flexibility, considering orienting towards financials through IYF.
  • Good thinking ahead of the Fed tapering based on from yesterday meeting.
  • +1 david very fair point !
  • Hi @AZRph if you are interested in financials you might want to take a look at IAI... an etf focused on the brokers and dealers. Nice outperformance for.both short and long term. Bought some yesterday
  • Thanks Mike I will look into IAI also.
  • beebee
    edited August 2021
    @MikeW @AZRph

Interesting that TROW (T Rowe Price) is not in the top 25 holdings of IAI...it would have help.

• I maintained an account with T Rowe Price for years in the hope that they would reopen PRWCX. I finally threw in the towel and transferred all of my TRP funds to Fidelity to simplify my investments and have access to more options. My Roth IRA is still invested in TRP funds but through my Fidelity brokerage account. My TRP funds have lagged the markets due to their high allocations to foreign and value stocks, but hopefully that will pay off in the long run.