Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PRHSX holdings question

Does anyone know what the phrase "Aggregate Miscellaneous Equity" means? It makes up 8.64% of holdings in PRSHX,
T. Rowe Price Health Sciences and is listed under the "other" category. Thanks

Comments

• Per TRP (link below), it doesn't look like the PM wants the public to know about these "Misc Securities". Perhaps some kind of derivatives?

Miscellaneous Securities ‡ 1,642,719,101
    Total Investments in Securities 19,036,241,115

‡ At the discretion of the advisor, the identity of certain securities has been
    concealed to protect the fund's interests.

https://individual.troweprice.com/staticFiles/gcFiles/pdf/phhsfq2.pdf

• Thank you!
  • Miscellaneous Securities ‡ 1,642,719,101
    Total Investments in Securities 19,036,241,115

- or about 8.63 %
  • I would hazard a guess that it may be holdings in private, or pre-IPO, companies. FBIOX, Fido’s Biotech fund, also holds some of these types of stocks. They probably can’t specify due to SEC or other rules? I wouldn’t worry about it….PRHSX is one of the better healthcare funds out there.
  • That's a bit odd. I thought by law, they were required to fully disclose holdings (with a certain lag of course)?