Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Impromptu Webinar Video Recording [30 July]

edited August 2021 in MFO Premium
Promises to be a good mid-year review and site update. (Live from Bellingham!)

If you can make it tomorrow, please sign-up here.

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Thank you all for participating in yesterday's webinar.

Here's link to material.
  • Awesome new tools. Thank you Charles!
  • Oh darn sorry I didnt see this earlier @Charles. I'll take a look at the materials.
  • To support a request on the MFO Discussion Board, we will be holding an impromptu webinar tomorrow, Friday, 30 July, 11am Pacific (2pm Eastern). No charts. No need to register. Just demos of MultiSearch's ability to screen large numbers of funds, quickly. You can join us at that time by clicking here.
  • Charles, I missed the webinar, do you have it recorded?
  • Here you go ...

Impromptu MFO Premium Zoom Meeting Video - 20Jul21

It was fun! Thank you all.
  • Thank you Charles ! Have a good weekend.
    Derf
  • Thanks again @Charles
  • Thank you @Charles for the webinar.
  • Thanks Charles. I watched the replay. Very helpful and answers a lot of my questions.

Do you think there will ever be brokerage availability information on Multisearch?
  • Thank you, Charles. What does a "Go" column stand for?
  • Also, would you be able to add EMAs into the trend metrics?
  • The Webinar was so interesting, I gave myself the gift of MFO Premium. Thanks for leaving the Portfolio intact even though I let the SUBS lapse.
  • GO is Great Owl, I think. The Jocks of the fund world.
  • MikeM2 said:

GO is Great Owl, I think. The Jocks of the fund world.

Thank you.
  • By the way, any news that MFO Premium is here to stay instead of ending ?
  • Thank you! My pleasure. Glad it helped.

Yes, GO is short for Great Owl. The Definitions page does a pretty good job of, well, definitions, and acronyms.
  • @Mav123. I like the Exponential Moving Average (EMA) idea. Will add to list. Should not take too long. If you are a subscriber (or become one) I'll add a month to your subscription for the suggestion. Our custom for good feedback!
  • edited August 2021
    @Mav123. I don't see MFO going away anytime soon.
  • edited August 2021
    @sma3. Here is Lipper's response to your suggestion re brokerage availability:

"We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that I will notify our product team."

Fingers-crossed!
  • edited August 2021
    Charles said:

@Mav123. I like the Exponential Moving Average (EMA) idea. Will add to list. Should not take too long. If you are a subscriber (or become one) I'll add a month to your subscription for the suggestion. Our custom for good feedback!

Perfect, thank you, Charles. Would users be able to apply/use any (custom) EMA period, hopefully 3 at a time (3 EMA periods at the same time)?
  • @Charles, how often do you update the funds' prices, their performance, and relations to MAs, daily?
  • edited August 2021
    @Mav123. Monthly. Lipper drops month ending data first Saturday of month. So, sometimes it's on 1st, other times (like this week) it's on 7th. July update crunching now. Will be posted tonight or Sunday morning (typical). There are mid month upgrades to features and funds.

A nice summary with helpful screenshots is on homepage.
  • My pleasure. Just went live with July update. c
  • @Charles. I just subscribed.
  • edited August 2021
    Yay! Will add month to your subscription for the EMA suggestion. Please let me know if you'd like Zoom session to walk through features. Happy to do!
  • edited August 2021
    About to go live with feature that enables you to run Preferences from the MultiSearch results table page via View/Preferences. Then, will get to work on EMA, adding individual years to Ferguson analysis page, searches by benchmark, and other things!
  • Just went live with latest features.