Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Avantis

Hi folks,
Has anyone taken a look at the Avantis ets? AVUV which is their small cap value fund came up on my screens and looks interesting. Former managers from DFA left to start up their own venture. Only been in place for one year but this fund and AVUS which is more of a blend fund have done well. I would appreciate any thoughts from anyone... thanks!

Comments

• What does MFO premium say relative to its benchmark? Don't know much about DFA funds since they were available only to advisors.
  • AVUV has strongly outperformed its benchmark over the past year and in shorter timeframes like 1 and 3 months. It is a new fund -- only has a one year track record.
  • I need to look closer and better understand the stock picking process. Looking at performance # only reveal part of the equation.