Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Industry Veterans Lydia So and Karl R. S. Engelmann Join Rondure Global Advisors

edited November 2020 in Fund Discussions
From an email I received today from Rondure Global Advisors:

Dear Investor,

We are pleased to announce Rondure Global Advisors recently added two industry veterans to the team. Lydia So, CFA joins Rondure as a portfolio manager for the Rondure New World Fund (RNWOX) after having spent the past 15 years with Matthews Asia, managing portfolios since 2008. She will have a secondary focus on developed markets outside the US. Karl R.S. Engelmann, a 27-year industry veteran, also recently joined the Rondure Global team as a Senior Vice President of Client Service and Business Development after having spent the past 18 years with Cambiar Investors. He will be responsible for maintaining client relationships and building new relationships in the institutional, bank trust, and retail channels for Rondure.

Said Rondure Global Founder and CEO, Laura Geritz, CFA, “We are thrilled to have two incredibly talented industry veterans join Rondure at such an exciting time in our growth as a firm. Lydia brings tremendous depth of experience in international and emerging markets and shares a similar investment approach that will greatly enhance our quality of research and strengthen our team. Likewise, Karl brings similar depth to the business side of the firm with significant experience in building lasting relationships across all channels. Both Lydia and Karl will be an integral part of the continued growth of the firm and I am excited to work alongside both of them.”

Ms. Lydia So shared, “I am thrilled to join this great organization alongside high caliber people in such a collegial environment. Laura and I share the same investment philosophy and passion for uncovering opportunities anywhere in the world. I believe that an active, all-cap, unconstrained approach is to key to generating long-term success. I look forward to contributing to Rondure and driving long-term results for our clients.”

Mr. Engelmann stated, “I have a great admiration for Rondure’s long-term and disciplined investment approach in finding quality compounders and in the firm's unwavering commitment to clients to deliver a consistent strategy over time. I look forward to helping with Rondure’s continued growth and developing great long-term relationships with our clients.”​

Please click here to read the full release. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
https://www.rondureglobal.com/documents/rondureglobal-pr-20201112.pdf

Sincerely,​

Crystal Gourley
Head of Sales and Client Relations
Rondure Global Advisors
136 S. Main Street, Suite 720
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
[email protected]

The objective of both the Rondure New World Fund and Rondure Overseas Fund is long-term growth of capital. ​

RISKS: Mutual fund investing involves risks and loss of principal is possible. Investing in foreign securities entails special risks, such as currency fluctuations and political uncertainties, which are described in more detail in the prospectus. Investments in emerging markets are subject to the same risks as other foreign securities and may be subject to greater risks than investments in foreign countries with more established economies and securities markets. ​

An investment in the Rondure Funds involves risk, including loss of principal. An investor should consider objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus containing this and other information, visit www.rondurefunds.com or call 1-855-755-3337. Please read it carefully before investing.

​Wasatch Advisors is not affiliated with Rondure Global Advisors.

Rondure Global Advisors and Wasatch Advisors are not affiliated with ALPS Distributors, Inc. Rondure Funds are distributed by ALPS Distributors, Inc. ("ADI"). Crystal Gourley and Karl Engelmann are registered representatives of ADI.

​RON000339 exp. 11/12/2022

Comments

• Had a long talk with Ms. Geritz last week. Wonderfully grounded person. Ms. So will join her on the four-star New World fund, which is primarily emerging markets. She made two arguments about the hire: (1) she's brilliant, why on earth wouldn't I ask her to join us? And (2) she has strengths distinctly complementary to my own.

There is no immediate plan to launch a smaller company / smaller country EM strategy but, five to ten years out, it would be nice. For now, they'll continue hunting for the highest quality businesses with market caps over $1.5 billion that they can find.

Assets are coming in, though slowly. Ms. Geritz still hasn't paid herself and won't until the firm is financially self-sustaining. I should imagine that that contributed to Mr. Engelmann's hiring.

We'll profile the smaller of her two funds, Rondure Overseas, in December.

For what that's worth,

David
  • Thank you a lot, David. I mean, constantly. :)