Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investors are ‘running in complete blindness right now,’ economist says

edited August 2020 in Other Investing
Short read that hits on several major themes. It's not so clear to me the Fed's bag of tricks is empty.....
“In the 30 years I have been an economist we have never had this much uncertainty about the effects of the shutdowns, the future of the shutdowns because of the pandemic, the policy response and people’s fear in a sense,” Erik Nielsen, group chief economist at UniCredit, told CNBC’s Squawk Box Europe.

“We are running in complete blindness right now, there is no way of being confident about the outlook,” he said.

“Central banks are doing everything they can…but they cannot solve the problem,” he said.

“What we need is fiscal policy and then we need news on the pandemic that things are coming back to normal,” Nielsen said.
https://cnbc.com/2020/08/26/investors-are-running-in-complete-blindness-right-now-economist-says.html

Comments

• Super Head light (unlimited stimulus) is provided by Feds. I don't know how they can't see it.