Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• It will be interesting to see how M* rates their own funds.
    All 5* funds?
  • They have enough subadvisors for most of these funds to keep things interesting, but at least the fees seem acceptable.

Interesting to note that their Multisector Bond Fund includes Hassenstab and Fuss as subadvisors.

• BigTom said:

It will be interesting to see how M* rates their own funds.
    All 5* funds?

I'm certainly no M* advocate, but you do know the star ratings are purely objective measures based on risk/return, right?
  • JoJo26 said:

BigTom said:

It will be interesting to see how M* rates their own funds.
    All 5* funds?

I'm certainly no M* advocate, but you do know the star ratings are purely objective measures based on risk/return, right?
    What I said was to be construed as a 'tongue and cheek' type of comment.
    With that said, it doesn't really explain why D&C funds were always highly 'starred' funds but had under performed for a decade.
  • Hassenstab and Fuss as subadvisors suggests significant volatility, if not risk.
  • Mr. Hasenstab is a former star manager. Two of the funds he managed, Templeton Global Bond and Templeton Global Income, consistently generated some of the highest trailing returns in the World Bond¹ category. The funds' performance in recent years has been underwhelming. Perhaps Mr. Hasenstab will get his mojo back someday?

¹now in Morningstar Nontraditional Bond category
  • Run away and be very afraid. Just my two cents.