Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

the March issue of the Observer has been published

There's rather more discussions of swans - and their colors - than you'd usually see.

I finally profiled YCG Enhanced, the not-Yacktman fund run by Yacktman the Younger. He sees himself as a sort of inheritor of his father's "buy the best, skip the rest" discipline. Also a pretty thoughtful options overlay. He writes well enough, and with enough energy, that I'd encourage folks to read some of his original pieces.

Launch Alert for Artisan Select Equity, a multi-cap value strategy from the Global Value team. It's a solid team, but the need to launch the fund might say something about Artisan's domestic lineup.

Ed wrote thoughtfully about the need for a sense of perspective amidst panic, and Lynn talked through being mindful about risk in your portfolio.

Manager changes has a longish discussion of Akre's decision to add a new co-manager and what it means about the evolution of their firm.

Right ... my portfolio discussion, too.

Hope it helps.

David

Comments

• Thank you. Very thoughtful indeed.
  • Quick update folks. The long scroll format displays all of the articles now. Sorry about that!

-Rhaegon