Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What are your favorite closed T Rowe Price funds?

What are you favorite T. Rowe Price closed funds that you would like to buy if given the opportunity?

Comments

• PRWCX T R PriceCapital Appreciation Fund
  • edited December 2019
    Mid-Cap Value (TRMCX), Mid Cap Growth (RPMGX) and High Yield (PRHYX) funds
  • PRNHX. What I would give to get my hands on that....
  • Trow real estate as diverse mixed us and overseas portfolio

• edited December 2019
    johnN said:

Trow real estate as diverse mixed us and overseas portfolio

TRREX and TRGRX are both still open (assuming one of those is the fund you mean).
  • @_simon. Thankyou sir

Trrex is good real estate fund, still open
  • I've been in RPMGX in my taxable account for nearly 22 years. Yummy! I've had PRWCX first in taxable. Sold there and bought the next year in my Roth. Double yummy! I bought TRMCX around 2010. It's been ok, but not that wonderful. But I expect (or hope) it will catch up. All 3 are keepers for me.
    Dave
  • TRP Mid Cap Growth RPMGX, and New Horizon PRNHX.
  • PRNHX, but I have POAGX so it makes it easier to deal with...
  • edited December 2019
    TRGFX - You did say “closed”?
  • Good idea - POAGX is a not on NTF platforms in many brokerages.
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

They all have excellent performance records. I wonder whether Joshua Spencer can match Ellenbogen's record at PRNHX. Of course, he has more than matched POAGX's performance this year.
  • By far PRWCX which ranks for performance at M* for 1-3-5-10-15 years at 1-3% top funds.
    Instead of POAGX you can own QQQ which made more money + better risk attributes. See (link).
  • What is the point of this thread? If the fund is closed others can't invest in it so knowing some like it is not helpfuL
  • Jeez Jerry, never hurts to have a watchlist just in case they open up again. Its net outflows for most mutual fund shops nowadays so most of these funds will open up eventually.
  • jerry said:

What is the point of this thread? If the fund is closed others can't invest in it so knowing some like it is not helpfuL

What's the point of your comment?
    If you don't like what's being discussed and have nothing to contribute, you can move along...

Even though a fund may be *closed to new retail purchases*, there are still other ways to get into a closed fund. It's not a *hard closed* fund.

• Sven said:

Good idea - POAGX is a not on NTF platforms in many brokerages.

Was it a good idea? No idea if this is sarcasm, but I’m sure we could find some more comparable funds without the transaction fee.
  • Ya, I love all my TRP funds. The CLOSED ones I own are PRIDX, PRWCX . And PRDSX must have re-opened a while back. Also own PRSNX and RPSIX for income. Along with non-TRP PTIAX.
  • edited December 2019
    BigTom said:

jerry said:

What is the point of this thread? If the fund is closed others can't invest in it so knowing some like it is not helpfuL

What's the point of your comment?
    To get an answer to my question. Although Big Tom did not like my question his answer was somewhat helpful as was gmarceau's

• jerry said:

To get an answer to my TROLLING question.

I fixed that for you...

• The most wanted closed TRP funds have already been pointed out above.
    Just because a fund is closed and it appears 'rare' and more desirable,
    there are still other options to choose from.

PRWCX is an excellent with an excellent track record.

PRNHX is also an excellent fund but its performance was based on a manager,
    Henry Ellenbogen, who left TRP recently.
    Other funds like AKRIX or the after mentioned POAGX are just as good.

PRIDX is an excellent fund but it can be replaced with BCSFX.
    PRHYX is a very good fund bit it can be replaced with FAGIX.
  • Other T Rowe Price funds that are closed, but not mentioned above are PRMSX, PRGTX and OTCFX.