Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone changing strategies for next 6 to 12 months

edited September 2019 in Off-Topic
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-ukraine-09-24-2019/index.html

We may have first ever Lady commander in chief pres pelosi in 6 months... If something bad happens to trump/pence team

Any changes in strategy for your investments having these events in Washington, so much uncertainties

Thx for any suggestions

still 80/20 in 401k
will look at couple of ETFs -EM VWO maybe add more

Comments

• Yes, I see opportunities to invest. I sold few growth funds last month and cash needs home.

The impeachment drama will fade away.
    Ukraine President will forget what was said & Supreme court can rule that President can't be investigated.

DT will come back with more popular votes. Democrats are dreaming if they think they can govern provided they win any in the next election cycle. We will have absolute majority again on all 5 branches of govt.
  • Yes, I see opportunities to invest. I sold few growth funds last month and cash needs home.

The impeachment drama will fade away.
    Ukraine President will forget what was said & Supreme court can rule that President can't be investigated.

DT will come back with more popular votes. Democrats are dreaming if they think they can govern provided they win any in the next election cycle. We will have absolute majority again on all 5 branches of govt.

Specifically, where are the opportunities that you see to invest?
  • We will have absolute majority again on all 5 branches of govt.

In what country would that be?

• Taiwan (Republic of China)
    https://www.taiwan.gov.tw/content_4.php

The question is: are "we" who will have absolute majority the KMT or the DPP?