Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A sign this house's market moves indicate its time to go to the investment rest home?

edited May 2012 in Off-Topic
Morn'in Coffee,

This rework suits this house's current market mood.

I have adjusted the wording of this little blip that is traveling the internet among some of the older folks. The original uses different wording. You may choose to adjust the wording of this to have some fun. Give it your best shot.

The Investment Test

During a visit to my investment advisor, I asked, "How do you determine whether or not an older person knows what they are doing with their investments?"
"Well," he said, "we fill up their portfolio bathtub with equities, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the investment bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."
"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window at the retirement home for individual investors?"

Comments

• Catch,

First I would want a bed closer to the toilet, and if things get even worse, then move to a bed closer to a window on the 6th floor.