Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

6 Signs You Are Ready to Retire Early

Comments

• How about the reality of completely HATING the world of work? That'd be enough for me. And it was completely true.:)
  • The article contains a factual error. -- the age at which early retirees can tap their 401k without penalty. While the age is 59 1/2 for tapping IRA's, if one retires between ages 55 through 59, one can tap their 401k with no penalty.

• Crash said:

How about the reality of completely HATING the world of work? That'd be enough for me. And it was completely true.:)

#MeToo!
  • 3/31/2020 Is my retirement date. I have all the signs of retiring early disease. The living on budget thing is something that spouse is having a hard time with...
  • Art said:

3/31/2020 Is my retirement date. I have all the signs of retiring early disease. The living on budget thing is something that spouse is having a hard time with...

She'll learn soon enough, eh? Or.....

"The article contains a factual error. -- the age at which early retirees can tap their 401k without penalty. While the age is 59 1/2 for tapping IRA's, if one retires between ages 55 through 59, one can tap their 401k with no penalty."
    MY wife will be glad to hear this.