Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How To Stop Fighting With Your Spouse About Money

FYI: Even the happiest married couples sometimes fight over money. When two people share a life and a financial future, it’s only to be expected—especially when you each come into the relationship with different levels of financial literacy, risk tolerance, earning power, assumptions, and expectations. Part of the problem is that spending and saving are often deeply emotional, reflecting our values, goals, and unspoken assumptions.

In my experience working with hundreds of couples, I’ve shared the following tips to help people get on the same page as the person they love:
Regards,
Ted
https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/how-to-stop-fighting-with-your-spouse-about-money-51556370000?mod=barrons-on-marketwatch

Comments

• This article is too shallow in my humble opinion. Biggest problem are spending habits. When spending is not compatible with income problems start to emerge.