Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund Announces 25th Consecutive Distribution for Q1 at a 5.25

edited March 2019 in Fund Discussions
Anyone gas these funds in their portfolio?! Any thoughts? Thx

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-bluerock-total-income-real-estate-fund-announces-25th-consecutive-distribution-for-q1-at-a-5-25-annualized-rate-300815094.html

The Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund Announces 25th Consecutive Distribution for Q1 at a 5.25% Annualized Rate

(PRNewsfoto/Bluerock's Total Income+ Real E)

News provided by
Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund

Mar 19, 2019, 14:50 ET

NEW YORK, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bluerock Total Income+ Real Estate Fund ("TI+," tickers: TIPRX, TIPPX, TIPWX, TIPLX) has paid a first quarter distribution of $0.3987 per share, or 1.31% for the quarter, based on the share price of $30.38 (A-shares) for shareholders of record as of March 15, 2019. This distribution amount represents an annualized rate of 5.25%* based on the current share price marking the Fund's 25th consecutive quarterly distribution.

Comments

• Yeah, I dabble in it a bit....doesn't hurt any that I work for the sub-advisor for it, so....

• That's an interesting pup. Thanks for the mention ... some fun reading lies ahead for me this week, I guess.
  • Cursory observations:

Closed end, interval, tender date fund with repurchases done quarterly.

Four share classes: TIPRX, 5.75% load; TIPPX; TIPWX; TIPLX 4.25% load -- all with high ERs. TIPPX and TIPLX have lower minimums (Regular 2.5K, IRA 1K)

TIPWX is the I class offered at TD but unavailable for retail investors (as one example.)
    Otherwise haven't checked availability.

MFO Rating and Risk Profile is Best for all periods since inception. Rock bottom MAXDD for all periods. Underperformed S&P 500 since inception except for one-year.

Unable to determine amount of ROC from firm but prospectus notes that all or a portion of a distribution may consist of a return of capital (i.e. from your original investment).

Shareholders should not assume that the source of a distribution from the Fund is net profit.

Comprehensive Annual Report as of 12/16/18.

https://bluerockfunds.com

• Hi @openice
    I/we won't be placing any money in the direction of the fund; but thank you for your time to help others understand.
    Regards,
    Catch

• Interval funds are the new hot thing, it seems. A bunch of real estate funds like this have opened in recent years (like 3-5 years) that are structured similarly. If they mainly hold PE or institutional stuff (or even buildings) I could see owning some as an option to something like, maybe, TREA if you have access to it. That said, if it's just holding publicly traded REITs and charging you 2.5% for the privilege, I say run fast run far since you could own the underlying positions your own for free.
  • RE: ROC

Quoting from the "Tax Flyer" from the firm shows "a hypothetical 2018 1099-DIV tax statement example* reflecting a hypothetical $10,000 investment in the TI+ Fund A shares no load at inception assuming no distribution reinvestment.

The total 2018 distribution for this investment would be approximately $633:

Ordinary Dividends of $158.64 (taxed at ordinary income rate);

LTCG of $56.95 (taxed at LTCG rate)

Non-dividend/Distribution (ROC) $417.95 deferred and converted to capital gain when shares are sold.

*Shareholder's actual 1099 Form may vary from hypothetical example depending on when shares were purchased."

I'm done with my own DD.

"Good night, Irene."