Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Closed to New Investor Warnings?

Are we told ahead of time if a fund will be closed to new investors, and if so, where can I find this information? Is there a site or a list of upcoming closings? I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks! Starchild.

Comments

• Advance announcements often are a way to increase assets of already bloated funds. Consequently a few families, notably Vanguard, do not provide them (and sometimes even hard-close funds, i.e. close them to new money from existing investors).

I don't know of a site technically dedicated to aggregating such announcements, but given @TheShadow 's great work in tracking SEC filings, MFO may be as close as you get.
  • msf said:

Advance announcements often are a way to increase assets of already bloated funds. Consequently a few families, notably Vanguard, do not provide them (and sometimes even hard-close funds, i.e. close them to new money from existing investors).

I don't know of a site technically dedicated to aggregating such announcements, but given @TheShadow 's great work in tracking SEC filings, MFO may be as close as you get.

Thank you msf.