Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• @MFO Members: I wonder if the lose of assets and the fund's performance over the last year have had anything to do with the reopening ?

• IMO that's usually why the re-open, but I have no hard evidence to say for sure.
    Ted said:

@MFO Members: I wonder if the lose of assets and the fund's performance over the last year have had anything to do with the reopening ?

• edited November 2018
    Sorry I was a little slow on picking this up as I was busy on the CG list.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000139834418016386/fp0036678_497.htm

497 1 fp0036678_497.htm

FINANCIAL INVESTORS TRUST

Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund
    (the “Fund”)

Supplement dated November 13, 2018 to the Fund’s Summary Prospectus,
    Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information
    dated August 31, 2018, as supplemented from time to time (the “Prospectus”)

Effective November 19, 2018, the Fund’s Institutional Class is available for purchase by all investors.

Also, effective November 19, 2018, the Fund’s Investor Class (which closed to most new investors on September 30, 2016) is available for purchase only by the following investors:

● Existing shareholders of the Fund’s Investor Class;

● Financial advisors with existing clients invested in the Fund’s Investor Class (i.e., these advisors can continue to add new clients in the Fund’s Investor Class); and

●Seafarer employees and their family members.

Please note the following about the Fund’s Investor Class:

● Some broker-dealers and financial intermediaries may not be able to accommodate purchases of the Fund’s Investor Class based on the criteria listed above.

● If a shareholder closes an account in the Fund’s Investor Class due to redemption or exchange, the shareholder will no longer be able to make additional investments in the Fund’s Investor Class.

●Exchanges between the Seafarer Funds (i.e., the Seafarer Overseas Growth and Income Fund and the Seafarer Overseas Value Fund) and share class transfers are subject to any existing restrictions on, or conditions of, the Fund and/or share class that is to be acquired.

●The Fund reserves the right to make exceptions to any action taken to close the Fund, or limit inflows into the Fund, and delegates such authority to Seafarer.

INVESTORS SHOULD RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE