Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Real Estate News: U.S. Justice Department Now Owns Appartment in Trump Tower

edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
“Former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort told prosecutors he preferred that they seize his apartment in Trump Tower rather than surrender one of the four bank accounts special counsel Robert Mueller's team was eyeing, Manafort's plea agreement revealed Friday. President Donald Trump's own New York residence is in that landmark Fifth Avenue building.”

(Geez - That’s hitting “close to home.” )

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/manafort-told-mueller-to-take-his-trump-tower-apartment-instead-money.html

Comments

• I hope they take it and give it to a minority family.
  • Now, now. Wasn't the "Secret Service" (what exactly is so "secret" about it, anyway?) forced to rent an apartment at a usurious rate so as to maintain a presence when Trump visits home? Maybe they can use it and save a few taxpayer dollars.
  • Also I'm really curious with respect to all of those "choice" properties that Manafort is supposed to be giving up. Does anyone really believe that he has a whole lot of personal equity in those places? More than likely they're all mortgaged to the hilt.
  • @ Old Joe -- Sounds like a win-win....
  • edited September 2018
    Maybe, but for who exactly?
  • edited September 2018
    If the U.S. Deptment of Justice own this thing, that means each and every one of us (as citizens) owns a little piece. Think I’ll stroll by next time I’m in NY and feast my eyes.
  • ...And how much is in his remaining bank account? There is still no accountability.