Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How did I lose shares after fund reclassification?

When I bought the fund it was D class (PFDNX), then in March all D share classes were reclassified as A shares, so it became PFANX. This resulted a small change of my total shares owned, about 0.2% of share loss. I didn't know until when I liquidated the fund. It's a small amount, but I am curious why this happened. Did all other shareholders also lose the same % of shares?

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Without doing a lot of research ... My best guess is that the share classes had a different nav between them; and, when the conversion took place you wound up with fewer shares. If you are truly concerned about this I'd contact Pimco.
  • Thanks Old_Skeet. Yeah I just realized it's a stupid question and came here to delete. Thanks for answering:)
  • @sea- usually I'm the one with stupid questions. Thanks for helping to take the pressure off. :)