Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity vs TD Ameritrade

FYI: If you are looking for an online broker to start trading or investing, TD Ameritrade and Fidelity Investments are two reliable options to trade or watch over your assets.

Fidelity’s focus is on actively managed mutual funds. These funds use research, analytical models and their personal judgment to decide hat securities to buy, hold and sell. TD Ameritrade is focused mainly on self-directed (do it yourself) investing, where you make your own decisions and your own trades.

Even so, both TD Ameritrade and Fidelity now offer their customers fully automated investment management via their respective robo-advisor services, which is ideal for those who just want to “set it and forget it,” without getting hit by high fees and costs.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.investopedia.com/ipf/fidelity-vs-td-ameritrade/?partner=YahooSA&yptr=yahoo

Comments

• Much to my surprise I have been loving TD since they took over Scottrade. Far, far better customer service than what I have experienced at Fidelity.
  • Junkster said:

Much to my surprise I have been loving TD since they took over Scottrade. Far, far better customer service than what I have experienced at Fidelity.

Our local branch seems to be just the original Scottrade staff, and to my regret some bad ones stayed.
  • edited August 2018
    Since the changeover I have had zero contact with any local offices. If I have any problems or questions I have a phone number to contact where I can deal directly with TD’s home office.
  • I did not contact them. They contacted me! Some advisor called me and asked me a series of questions, then at some point didn't like my answers so abruptly I was hearing his voicemail. I remembered his name from back when it was Scottrade and I had another bad phone experience with him.