Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buoyant Economy Or A Blip? 4 Tips For Investing Before The Party Ends

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Hey @Ted, another good read. Please keep them coming. Some may complain about the number of post you put up ... but, not me. I'm thinking they reach a lot of people with a good number making no comment.
  • No comment.
  • @Old_Skeet: Appreciate your comments, however based on recent events I'm considering leaving the board. The board has become a soap box of social and political issues, many I agree with, just not on a mutual fund discussion board.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • Ted, you are an MFO icon, no matter how prickly ( and no, I do NOT always agree with you -- sometimes disagreeingly rather vehemently(!) -- but within the designatedtargeis that not the whole point??), but I DO appreciate your views - esp now with your added commentary rather than simply offering up web refs.

Commentary counts -- whether I, as a reader, vehemently agree, or whether it simply suggests issues that should be considered and evaluated by any reader. I have been delighted to see your comments added to your posts -- they add your actual thoughts, as well as simply added refs and suggestions for thought and evaluation. And I do appreciate that adding those comments to your posts requires extra time beyond simply listing web addresses as you consider them worthwhile. Your comments -- however brief -- together with your references add immesurably to your basic listing of sites

Please do not consider retreating -- your contributions are appreciated.

PS: I do NOT support or appreciate airing social & political views (& I suspect that many of mine would not be appreciated) on this site). I support keeping on target -- economics!
  • Oops -- sorry that this was accidentally posted before a couple or grammar blips were fixed - content still as offered...
  • edited August 2018
    Hi @Ted,

I share your feelings on the social and political issue postings and I was close to leaving myself; but, I decided to stay since these type postings have diminished of late. Should you decide to leave know that I have appreciated your many postings through the years (back into fund alarm days) and I have found a good number of these post to be most beneficial to my investing endeavors.

Please know, you will be missed by me and I am sure some others should you decide to leave. I'm thinking the board will become a dull place without you; and, with that said others will also leave. Perhaps, myself as well.

Over the years and of recent one of the things that I found great favor in was that many of your postings gave credence to my own thinking. This post was one of them in more ways than one as well as the one I have linked below.

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/42630/investors-move-to-cash-anticipating-democratic-gains-in-u-s-nov-elections#latest

Thanks again, Ted, much appreciated.

Old_Skeet