Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Who needs 20 TVs?

edited June 2018 in Off-Topic
https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/trump-suggests-trudeau-didnt-know-air-force-one-had-tvs/

This seems like an outrageous use of taxpayer money. Maybe gold plated toilet seats are next?

“​When I got onto the plane, I think that Justin probably didn’t know that Air Force One has about 20 televisions, and I see the television​,” Trump said Tuesday.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Well they're scattered around the plane for everyone - from president to journalists to staffers - to know what's going on in the world. I'm totally fine with that ... they're not all 55" flatscreens with OLED resolution. Perhaps a few are bigscreens in meeting rooms or the executive berth area up front, but that's okay, too.

That said, reports say in 2017 the WH installed several, if not multiple, new big TVs in various rooms so that the current WH occupant could monitor several channels of his coverage no matter where he was ... including 3 in the residence master bedroom hooked up to a multi-feed DVR as well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Who needs 20 TVs? Well, one for Fox News, one for Fox Business, one for WNYW (Fox NY), WTTG (Fox DC), WFLX (Fox W. Palm Beach), ...

Regarding the toilet, why settle for plating, when one can have solid gold?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/the-white-house-wanted-a-van-gogh-the-guggenheim-offered-a-used-solid-gold-toilet/2018/01/25/38d574fc-0154-11e8-bb03-722769454f82_story.html
  • @msf ...I can't think of a more inspired/appropriate offering....except perhaps a plated version....
  • edited June 2018
    He's so chintzy, gold-plated would be just fine. Or even gold-painted ... it'd be the 'most beautiful commode ever, believe me - I know commodes. It's such an honor, a great honor, to sit on it evey morning during executive time tweeting. Very honorable. I call it the 'Tweeting Toilet' -- see, it's even got a little plug so I can charge my phone while I'm here, too. The best!"
    icyone said:

@msf ...I can't think of a more inspired/appropriate offering....except perhaps a plated version....

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.