Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Memorial Day Tribute: American Anthem - Norah Jones

FYI: (Yes, I know its Memorial Day not Veterans Day, but I love the song.)

Tribute to her late father who served in Vietnam and to all who've served in the U.S. Military... Past and Present
Regards
Ted

Comments

• Two thumbs up. She's from very close to my neck of the woods.

However, I am not sure where you get her father served in Vietnam. She assumed the last name of her mother and her father was an Indian Musician.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MFO Members: I stand corrected ! My staff gave me some bad information, and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Two things.

First "served in Vietnam" was a very specific thing to say instead of "served in the Military". Consequences should also be very specific.

More importantly, the ONLY the only real message to take away is you don't have to be born to Americans to feel patriotic. You don't even have to be born in the country. I came here when I six. Certain people just don't like kings however "benign" they are. They leave their country of birth if that's what they need to do. These people also have kids.

Who watched the Royal Wedding? I didn't.