Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar screwed up right now for anyone else? 12:56 p.m. 18th May '18

edited May 2018 in Off-Topic
It tells me I'm logged in, and that if I'm experiencing trouble, to use the link I'll be redirected to, but it does not take me there. Using my bookmark, it brings me to the sign-in page, but I am quickly redirected to a junk page. I guess it's their home-page. Links from THERE do indeed work. ORK.

Comments

• @CRash: M* is working just fine !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2018
    Share the link? No, it's just completely all discombobulated. Constant re-directs with never any result. It's an endless loop of screw-ups right now. I can get to the homepage, but after that, it's quite dysfunctional. From the homepage, I click on "my portfolio," and the sign-in page comes up, but then there's a quick re-direct to something else. If I want to type-in the ticker for a particular security, it WILL allow me to do THAT. But ANYONE can do that, without signing-in. And I'm supposed to be getting PREMIUM, offered through TRP. And when I attempt to go to the discussion forum labeled "Morningstar.com" to register the problem THERE, it flips me out of there before I can begin typing.
  • edited May 2018
    Hi Crash, I've been having what sounds from your descriptions similar flameouts, primarily due to login protocol issues, getting kicked out every time I move from one of the new pages to one of the old ones (e.g., Discuss). The login screen that comes up from the old pages jumps in and out at less than one second intervals, so impossible to use. The site's basically useless when it's in that mode, but login ability is in and out, so it's a different "experience" every time I try. The India help desk is no help, either.
  • @AndyJ "The India help desk." FUNNY. Oxymoron, there. Anyhow, my premium service is through TRP. I called THEM, and I was told they'll "see what they can do." Even the complaint-forum at Morningstar.com ("Discuss") isn't working. So you and I are unable to even ALERT them via that tool.
  • @Crash, I just went back, logged in via the Port Manager screen, and it's all working from there. (Of course, five minutes from now it likely won't.)

P.S. The "Remember Me" feature at login is totally non-functional; seems to be the only thing that's been consistent for the past several days.
  • ---MORNINGSTAR IS ALWAYS SCREWED-UP IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER !!- HAS BEEN
    FOR YEARS!! M* IS THE MOST UN PROFESSIONAL WEB SITE OF ALL FINANCIAL SITES.
    -- I RESIGNED MY PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP IN 2005 !!! 13 YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF ALL THEIR PROBLEMS
  • Seems to be some technical problems here too. Some poster's comments are appearing in ALL CAPS for some strange reason.
  • @Old Joe: Could be the volume control's on the blink.
  • Crash said:

It tells me I'm logged in, and that if I'm experiencing trouble, to use the link I'll be redirected to, but it does not take me there. Using my bookmark, it brings me to the sign-in page, but I am quickly redirected to a junk page. I guess it's their home-page. Links from THERE do indeed work. ORK.

First, I stopped reading at "Morningstar screwed up...":-D

More seriously, I have been experiencing what you did frequently. Serves me right for having a free membership through TRP.