Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Ted- As you are aware, I made a major mistake by pulling in my horns back in May and June, reducing our market exposure by about two thirds. I made that decision based upon my concerns regarding budget reconciliation issues, federal borrowing limits, and the transition of leadership at the Fed... issues which were unresolved at that time.

We have made good money even based upon our reduced market exposure though, and I'm grateful for that. At this point, it would seem that the US should continue into a slowly evolving economic recovery, with at least parts of Europe following somewhat behind us. If that works out, then many of the "third world" economies should eventually also improve as resource demand increases.

I'm thinking that while the market may be highly priced at the present level, it is probably justified by the economic potential for the next year or so. I don't see any sign of "bubbles", for sure. It is probably a bit dicey trying to buy into the market at this level, but if I were fully in, as I believe you are, I would just stay put and enjoy the ride.

Hoping for the best for all of us. Have a good Christmas...

Regards- OJ