Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

"Stars in the shadows" funds whose contribution are those

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
Good morning good folks,

Happy sunday.

I was looking at funds under "stars in the shadows" on mutualfundobserver (this) site. Some of thing are very good for my conservative nature. Who found them and posted them? Is it the contribution of Davidsnowball?

Thanks much. Just curious. That's all.

Thanks & Regards
nath

Comments

• Hi, nath.

With the exception of Charles's profile of FundX Upgrader (FUNDX), I choose and profile all of the funds (albeit with really valuable input from readers who've been generous about sharing leads and suggestions).

In general, "stars in the shadows" (a holdover feature from my FundAlarm days) are funds with long records, very good risk/return profiles, either an intriguing portfolio or excellent execution of a conventional one, and less than $125 million in AUM at the time of the profile.

As ever,

David
  • David,

Thank you so much for your extensive research and for sharing the information about the funds.

Regards
    nath