Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Great Owl Search is awesome!

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
Hi Charles and Everyone Else Who Worked On It,
Thanks for posting the Great Owl search engine -- it is really nice. Two comments:
It would be nice to be able to do a layered sort, e.g., search for large growth funds, then sort on one column (e.g., length of record), then subsort within that on something else (e.g., APR). Does that make sense?

It would also be nice if all of the funds that David has profiled were in the database, even if they are not Great Owls. Maybe they could be different color. Otherwise, I have to go somewhere else to compare the Great Owl recommendations for a category with David's profiled funds and I don't have all the risk ratings.

Thanks,
lrwilliams

Comments

• Can you post a link for the Great Owl search engine?
  • Reply to @Dex: Click the "Funds" tab above. You should see it near the top of the page.
  • Thanks Irwilliams. I agree. A "stacked sort" would be good...hit one column to get first level, then another column to get second level. Will look into for future.

Really, you mean all of David's recommendations are not Great Owls?! We'll have to fix that=).