Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ted October 2013
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investment Climate in Six Points

edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
You, of course; must be the judge of the information.

article link

Comments

• Dear Catch22: I like these twelve points better, plus + I use Zero Hedge to line my parrot cage.
    Regards,

1. Default Avoided: A last minute deal was cut, and after 16-days, the government reopened.
    2. Russell 2000 (small cap), S&P400 mid cap and S&P500 large-caps hit all-time highs.
    3. 99 S&P500 companies reported Q3 earnings, 60.6% beat guidance (vs 52% last week + 66.5% in Q2).
    4. Gasoline prices are down 11% from their YTD highs
    5. Google joined Priceline in the $1,000 club.
    6. Chinese GDP increased 7.8%, accelerating for the first time in three quarters.
    7. MBA refi apps rose 3.3%, up for 5th straight week to 2 month highs
    8.Philly Fed came in at 19.8 v expectations of 15.
    9. Beige book indicated fed saw modest to moderate growth
    10. European stocks rose for a seventh straight day, their longest streak this year.
    11. Stoxx Europe 600 is at its highest level since 2008.
    12. Sorry Bears: Despite all the political wrangling + can kicking, the world didn’t end, and markets hit new all-time highs.