Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

New Fund Enters The Infrastucture Niche

Comments

• And another in the dividend space.

NOBL
    ProShares launches new dividend growth ETF
    The S&P 500 Aristocrats ETF (NOBL) launched today - the fund homepage outlines the fund strategy of holding only S&P 500 companies that have increased their dividends consistently over the past 25 years.To differentiate from current sector leader, SDY, (both have expense ratios of .35%) NOBL places an importance on equal weighting and not allowing any one sector to occupy more than 30% of the fund.
    NOBL
    http://www.proshares.com/funds/nobl.html
  • Infrastructure was supposed to be the big play in 2006-07, then 2008 happened. My observation is that, unlike health care, materials, tech, and a few others, infrastructure is just too narrow a sleeve. I would avoid this specific sector, in favor of a broader one like materials or even building & construction. Any success in this sector will have to include the big players in both of those arenas. Outside of them, the other companies are pretty small pickings.
  • I think anything revolves around energy infrastructure/transport is still a good long-term story; other infrastructure sectors are probably okay and pay a nice dividend but I don't see a long-term theme as much as energy infrastructure.