Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Open Thread: What Specific Stocks Are You Buying/Selling/Pondering

edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
After Max's HA thread, I thought I'd start this thread again for anyone who wanted to throw out anything they're pondering in terms of specific stocks.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I am not buying any single stock issues as I feel there is a lot of risk in holding single issues.

However, I have recently been increasing my positions in emerging markets and in Europe along with some select equity dividend type funds. Currently, I am sitting on the sidelines as most of the things that I have been watching and buying have had a good run since I started adding to them back in August. I am thinking that the current and near term budget and debt limit debates in Washington will provide more favorable stock market prices in the days to come. Therefore, I am now watching since my portfolio is near it's target asset allocations with still a little open to buy left in my equity area.

• I'm seriously pondering selling Pfizer, in exchange for more of PFP, which beats it in the 1,3 and 5 year category. I do have a good slug of health care via FBTIX and PHSZX, but those do not have large concentrations in big pharma. I bought PJP earlier this year after watching it for 6 months Watched it go up and up, finally decided to buy. This morning almost sold BBBY, but we decided to raise the stop instead. We will see if it has more room to run or its new all time high will be its all time high:)