Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity Fund Distributions Today (9/6)

edited September 2013 in Fund Discussions
https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/prices-documents/distributions

Some funds have really big distributions today. For example, FLPSX appear to be down 4.68% due to $2.263 distribution...

Comments

• Fidelity hasn't posted the 9/6/13 distribution on the fund page, but looking at the historical data, FLPSX distributes most if not all its cap gains (as opposed to ordinary/qualified dividends) in September. Likely little in cap gains left for a December distribution.

I'm confident that FLPSX's low turnover (19%) has something to do with its absence of short term gains. Conversely, FOCPX's high turnover (149%) likely goes far in explaining the relatively high amount of short term gains (1/6 of all the cap gains distributed were short term).

But I'm left wondering about FDGFX. Its short term gains were the highest fraction of total cap gains (1/5), yet it sports a reasonably modest 63% turnover, and there was no management change (which could have explained a high turnover of the portfolio).

It's nice that Fidelity posts these breakdowns, so that one can ponder such minutiae. :-)
  • Reply to @msf: it looks like fund pages are updated to reflect distribution on 9/6/2013
  • Reply to @Ted: That is exactly the URL in the first post!
  • Reply to @Investor: It only proves that a great mind like mine once an while has a cramp.
    Regards,
    Ted