Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

SEDEX

edited September 2013 in Fund Discussions
I'm not seeing a fund minimum reduction at Scottrade for 10K -- ONLY 1m.

Comments

• The change was effective August 31. It might well take days to weeks for it to cycle through Schwab's system. A number of small companies have banged their heads repeatedly, waiting for outside systems to recognize things they've done (e.g., reducing expense ratios).

David
  • Thx David. Now, you said, "through Schwab's system." IOW Scottrade has an omnibus agreement with Schwab about things such as the funds Scottrade can offer and what exactly Scottrade really can do in the mutual fund area? Anyway, that's my understanding.
  • David: This just in from John Park.

Hello Denny,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your notifying us that Vanguard and Scottrade have not reflected the new lowered minimums for the Investor Class shares of Oakseed Opportunity (SEDEX). We have told our distributer, IMST/Foreside, to alert all the various platforms of the change and this will hopefully be resolved soon. In the meantime, if you call either company directly and explain our website has posted the new prospectus and SAI with the "sticker" stating the new minimums, they should allow you to invest at the $10,000 level in SEDEX (although it might require their verification with us first).

I hope this process is not too frustrating for you and we really appreciate your interest in the fund.

Best regards,
    John Park