Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gundlach Dips Toe Into uber Indexing

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Too damned fancy for me. It looks to me like uncle Jeffrey is doing what all the others do: come up with an uber-specialized thing that seems novel and new and promising, in light of the fact that the Market is going nowhere fast--- since the 20% rise over the past several months. Anything to get folks to commit their money to him. TRP opened up the EM bond fund in local currencies---at just the WRONG time. I wasn't surprised. I guess they're all looking for "dumb money." ... I'm continuing to hold Gundlach's DLFNX, just cuz apart from it, I hold no US bonds whatsover, except for what MAPOX is carrying. It's a balanced fund. And the DLFNX stake is less than 3% of my total. Still reinvesting EVERYTHING.
  • Registration filing link:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1480207/000119312513336523/d585229d485apos.htm

No expense information listed as of yesterday's filing.
  • The article gave it away. Gundlach fund similar to PIMCO fund. PIMCO fund number one. So Gundlach fund will not need much marketing.