Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Added to HQL earlier in the week. HQH/HQL are a compelling way to play healthcare due to their private equity exposure, but there are a number of good options, such as the T Rowe fund which Ted has mentioned.
  • TedTed
    edited August 2013
    Reply to @scott: HQH & HQL were both up today, and I believe that when the final numbers come out for PRHSX later today, it will also be up. SPY was up a little at the close, but IJH was down a tad.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • I opened a position in Powershares Dynamic Portfolio - PJP about 6 weeks ago, I watched it go up for almost a year, waiting for a pullback that never materialized. It's now up 35% ytd. I wanted to add a pure play on large pharma to my portfolio, the funds I have in the health sector have biotech, medical devices, other health care firms. Keep in trucking PJP :)