Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can Janus Regain Its Footing ?

Comments

• Interesting piece. I personally have had no interest in Janus since the tech debacle. It appears that the turmoil continues. Not something I would want going on at my fund company. I was interested to see that Enrique Chang is now at Janus having left American Century.
  • Actually this is WRONG question. A lot of fund companies were overrated during the 90s. And then they carried that overhang for a while.

There was a time when new they could have turned it around. However when their "remaining best" also start leaving the firm it is a sign of culture shift. Fund companies that are successful are those where the managers themselves dictate the culture. Such has not been the case with Janus.

Can Janus Regain its Footing should be an article from perspective of investing in Janus stock. Can ITS management make it a profitable business whose stock people want to buy. THAT is the only question, AFAIC and then, THAT question would not be asked on this board.

Since M* also does "equity research", this article has been penned unoptimally for mutual fund investors. It should be part of "Stock Spy" not "Fund Spy".