Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

where to now St. Peter?

edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
Howdy folks,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have some giggles money to invest. Where would you suggest? Also, what is the best way to play the RUT2000?

Oh, and BTFW, with Casey and Zim and hanging chads and climate change . . . how do I short Florida?

peace,

rono

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Great hearing from you Rono. Hope political life has been kind. You raise an interesting question. I'd toss in the eventual loss of baby boom generation as another reason to short Florida. I'm not too keen on their politics. Riding a shuttle bus from Orlando over to Tampa after our flight was diverted last winter took 3-4 hours in stop and go traffic. (Used to be an easy 90 minute drive). - And their right-wing governor refused to take Federal $$ for a high speed transit on that route during the financial tsunami. (Sorry if these views offend anyone.)

Am sure folk will serve up some interesting shorts. Not my game. (However, they'll eventually have the entire state paved over - might hurt cement industry.) Good luck.
  • Dear Rono: Suggest you look at TWOK or VRTIX both Rut 2000 index funds.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited July 2013
    Patience Grasshopper, the rising tide will take care of that itch soon enough. At first I was going to scold you for still dinkin' around with the mo-mo game but then I see your using giggle money so I'll save that for another time. My plays this year have been BBY, TSLA and most recently LINE and BBEP. Too late for the first two unless you really, really have some cajones but I think the other two will crawl out of the sewer eventually. I'll take the dividends while I wait.

I really don't follow funds of any sort any more so I'm not much help there. Check Bob's site and see what's shakin'.
  • Hi Rono,

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Presuming that you currently favor the small cap area, eh?

Are you looking towards etf's or active managed funds?

You may find some comments of value in the below link.

A recent discussion here: http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/discussion/7012/rework-my-small-cap-holdings/p1

Take care,
    Catch