Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

All Time Highs !

TedTed
edited July 2013 in Fund Discussions
FYI: The Dow, S&P 500 closed at all time highs. The NASDAQ closed at a thirteen year high. Another up day for SPY, IJH, And PRHSX.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• Fantastic!
  • Days like yesterday and today ALMOST make me wish I was heavier into the USA Market. I'm happy with today's gains, though. Actually, my MAPOX was up yesterday, but down a tiny bit, today. A function of its bond holdings serving as a drag in those times when things are running hot? My MSCFX was up again, to a new all-time record. (The fund has been in existence only since August of 2011. Call it ALMOST 2 years. Glad I got in. My own MSCFX position is doing statistically better than the performance record posted by Morningstar.)

Elsewhere: it seems that I timed things fortuitously, without even trying, when I bought TRAMX in August, 2012. Morningstar's posted 1-year performance record for that fund beats my own, but the fund is at a 52-week high, and definitely out of its doldrums from 5 years ago. Over the past 5-year period TRAMX is still down by -6.12%.