Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Not surprising. Always the same political BS. I stopped watching quite a while ago.
  • Kudlow is a shill for rampant, uncontrolled, exploitative capitalism at its worst. See ya later. One less empty suit with no soul or conscience to put up with...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I haven't watched CNBC for several years now, mostly because our cable does not carry it. We have Bloomie instead. There are a few cheerleaders there but no where near the level of CNBC.

• Then again, Bloomberg has their moments too. Right now on Bloomberg West, they are discussing that Marissa Meyer's approval rating at Yahoo has dropped to 84%. Life as we know it must be coming to an end.

It is early here. Time for another cup of coffee.
  • edited July 2013
    Reply to @JohnChisum: (-: Didn't think it that high. Must've excluded employees from the sampling. /// Edit: Oops, caught the snippit on Bloomberg. Actually, they polled only employees. Hmm ... Anybody ever have a boss that seemed to get BETTER over time?:-)
  • Larry who? Never watched the guy.
  • Proof that there is a god in heaven.
  • I am almost sure Kudlow will re-appear at Fox Business Network (FBN) to some capacity.

His ratings were down 40% last I heard.
  • edited July 2013
    Reply to @Investor: former CNBC anchors Charlie Gasparino, Dennis Kneale and highly annoying former CNBC anchor and "Little House on the Prairie" actress Melissa Francis have all already gone to Fox. Oddly, Joe Kernan has not gone to Fox, although I think he enjoys just tossing one-liners at Andrew Ross Sorkin for two hours in the morning while acting like "I'm too old for this (bleep)." So many former CNBCers have headed to other networks. Trish Regan to Bloomberg, etc.

As I noted in another thread, the problem is that the newer CNBC anchors are much more obnoxious - Brian Sullivan and Scott Wapner in particular.
  • Reply to @scott: Agree. Perhaps this move is better for CNBC as well. A bit less politics and a bit more on actual economy, markets and businesses would be welcome.

BTW, I actually like Bloomberg more. In particular, I like to watch Bloomberg European team if I am up late at night.
  • http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/larry-kudlow-bernanke-wrong-inflation-173721194.html

"Kudlow repeats a mea culpa about U.S. monetary policy. “Bernanke was right,” he says. “He put the money in and those of us who expected inflation were wrong.”
  • Reply to @Investor:
    His ratings were down 40% last I heard.
    Here it is:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnbcs-fast-money-halftime-shines-2013-7
  • No inflation? Ya, the gov't keeps SAYING that. Get real.
  • Reply to @Investor: Fox would be a good match fo him, "fair and balanced" :)
  • The words that are most apt are "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish". Kudlow COULD not get any more LOW. Pun intended.