Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Sun America Dividend Strategy Fund: 30 Stock/Buy And Hold

TedTed
edited July 2013 in Fund Discussions
FYI To bad there's a load, this is great fund
Regards,
Ted
http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/132020-sunamerica-dividend-fund-beats-the-market-with-buy-and-hold

M* Snapshot FDSAX

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Hi Ted,

Thanks for posting ... and, most always, nice to read about a fund that I own.

I am not sure I'd say it employees a truly "buy and hold" strategy as it re-sets its holdings annually.

Indeed it has been one of my better equity fund performers.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Skeeter
  • Available no load at Schwab. I do have SCHD ( since oct 2011) that cannot be easily compared but from holdings I would expect less volatility with 100 holdings vs 30 for FDSAX and better downside protection from Schwab. FDSAX had a tough 2008-2009, not as you might have expected from a high quality dividend fund. The performance has been good more recently by holdings in HP, H&R and Gamestop.
  • ron, I think this fund is not available at schwab except to institutional investors.philpill
  • Reply to @ron: Great fund. This fund is only available to the institutional investors at Schwab. See this related thread that I had started few weeks ago.