Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Insider Trading Funds

Joe
edited July 2013 in Fund Discussions
I have always been intrigued by the idea of trading on legal insider information (the kind which comes from reports which insiders are required to file with the SEC when buying and selling.) I just noticed an article which discussed two funds which are based on this (INSCX and STVCX) Catalyst Insider Buying Fund. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these? They do seem to outperform the S&P 500 somewhat.

Joe

Comments

• Hi Joe,

I have a specality sleeve within the growth area of my portfolio with an open position. This is an interesting strategy and at first look they seem to have performed well. However, they seem to be relative new funds with not much history. I'll have some time today in which I plan to give them a good look and study them in a little more detail. Thanks for bringing them to the board.

Skeeter