Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

3 In A Row

edited June 2013 in Fund Discussions
Yesterday marked 3rd day of come-back for stocks on decent volume and bonds too improved for 2nd day in a row. All in all not bad. I personally had to let rest of distressed RBS go, but X has recovered nicely. As for funds, SIGIX was still negative and now down about 2% YTD. AQRIX has enjoyed couple positive days for a change. Hopeful both will recover on recent positive news for Asia. US market opens in 10...let's have a quiet summer day.

Comments

• What is the reason for AQRIX?
  • edited June 2013
    Reply to @ron: Ha! Don't get me started again...here's recent discussion:

AQRIX RISK PARITY
  • All-in-all could just be window dressing by portfolio managers but we'll see.
  • Reply to @Charles:

Hi Charles,

There was an interesting article in yesterday's WSJ entitled, "Fashionable Risk Parity Funds Hit Hard." Click on the top link in this google SEARCH.

Kevin
  • edited June 2013
    Reply to @kevindow: Thanks Kevin. Decent summary of situation, although I get a bit defensive at the "fashionable" designation. I am indeed looking forward to reading AQR's 2Q letter, hopefully get more insight than the good Mr. Mendelson revealed in this article. Specifically, better understand how they make allocation decisions and control draw down. I'd say recent events represent most serious "out of sample" test yet of the fund's relatively young strategy.